Monday, November 03, 2008

The life of a UCF fan


Last night was a tough loss for the Knights.  I get so frustrated with how we find ways to kind of look good (lights out Defense) in the 1st half and little by little the team sucks you in thinking that we will win and that the things will click into place.  However every 2nd half the other team makes the adjustments and we with our anemic offense die the slow death.  

It is really hard to swallow the UCF Kool Aid.  I would love to think that we will go to a Bowl game and we were done with the roller-coaster ride we go on every year.  I thought that after going on a 17 losing streak we exorcised the demons and were starting turn the corner. That the sleeping giant was starting to grow up.

As a fan you get tired of  being the one that has the losing team week after week.  I feel like UCF is more a Pretender then a Contender.  We do well and then crap the bed the next year.  I have been following the Knights for many years (since '94) and I have had more heart ache then joy because of them.  Yet I cannot turn my back on them.  I am emotionally, financially invested in them.  

I sometimes feel as if I am in an abusive relationship or I am a sport fan masochist and I like having UCF hurt me.  I do not know why I care so much about them but I do.  I am a Knight, my wife is a Knight and I love UCF.  I bleed Black and Gold.

I have gotten better with age and UCF losses.  It use to mess up my entire weekend and it would consume me.  Now I realize I have a wonderful family and a awesome wife and baby girl.
However it still bothers me and it still sucks.  

So lets see what this week brings.  

I remember George O'Leary saying that every time he lost he would die a little inside.  If that was the case he would be dead already being the coach @ UCF.

So who wants some UCF Kool Aid? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails